Monday 3 September 2012

iPhotoing Part 3: Seasons and Time

Hey again everyone!

So I just wanted to share some more edits that are a little more extreme!

To show how you can completely change the season and time period that you are representing through your edited iPhoto photo, through dramatic shifts in the "Adjust" functions and "Effects".


Here I've dramatically adjusted the exposure, contrast, saturation, highlights, shadows, temperature etc of the image to make the colours extremely vibrant. 

Now it looks like it's a hot summer's day, because to be honest it was so cold, I think I would have preferred to go in summer...Now it looks like I am rather silly wearing all those layers, doesn't it look like it's at least 30c? 

So the way this image was edited is a reflection of my direct memories of my freezing (but amazing) holiday and how the seasons have shaped the way I represented it. 


Here I was thinking about New York at the turn of the 20th century...

So I toned down the colour and vibrancy of the image with a series of functions again, and gave the impression of an old camera having taken the photo through the "Vignette" function. 

So what I have tried to show you all through this journey, is that editing isn't just for the sake of pretending to be more aesthetically polished.


iPhoto can truly give strong insights into your personal interests and how you can convey them pictorially. 

Paul 

No comments:

Post a Comment