Wednesday 22 August 2012

A tumblr rampage

Yesterday, I went on a tumblr rampage. 


Sick of my current blog, I decided to create an entirely new one, to create a new online persona for myself. I picked a title, chose a profile picture, selected a theme, and began a half-hour of frantic tag-searching, cool-blog-finding, uploading and reblogging of pictures and graphics that I liked. This was the result (actually, this is just the first page. As I said, I went on a rampage. You can view the whole blog here):




What can people tell about me from this tumblr, I wondered? I came up with the following things:

  • I like the song 'Good Feeling' by Flo Rida, and enjoy making witty titles and URLs of blogs from song lyrics. 
  • I think that posing in front of a web cam pulling my hair back and tilting my head makes for a super hot profile pic. 
  • I like cute animals (note the chimpanzee & tiger, and kitten & converse pics).
  • Colourful jewellery is my style, as are homemade rainbow iceblocks.
  • I've been outdoor iceskating (check out my Facebook album 'New York Winter 2012 YAY' - hope this isn't hypocritical considering the other post I made here), and at some point I've been lying on a hammock in Costa Rica.
  • I like pretty photos of trees in autumn. 
  • I like taking indie polaroid photos of sunsets, parties, and fun times with friends, or siblings, or kids in Costa Rica. 
  • My hair is to thin to hold curls (#devastated).
  • Lord of the Rings is one of my favourite film series.  

Are these things an accurate reflection of who I am? Or are they a selective construction of who I want to be? (Cue: suspenseful music and dramatic look).

No comments:

Post a Comment