Monday 20 August 2012

iPhoto-ing Part 1

iPhoto pretty much changed my life...as cheesy as that sounds when it graced my photos with its presence in 2010, as I purchased my first Macbook and crossed over into "Apple lover" territory.

iPhoto is a really simple but special application because it changes the memory of past events, you can make a scene or a moment in time have any mood you would like it to. 

iPhoto is therefore a way of moving past your every day life and context! 

You can transcend the limitations of today, to present a different time period or season. I will show you how through some examples in editing the following photo to create different moods, time periods, and seasons. 




This is the original copy of the photo that will compose the majority of this initial iPhoto journey, and was taken at the top of the Empire State Building in Manhattan, NY, in December 2011 on a freezing and misty winter's day.


And so the journey to re-writing history and memories begins, to make my travel experiences more glossy and exciting. 

The aim of my iPhoto journey is to help other young people understand that they can't always trust the photo they see on their respective social media website. 


Everyone is trying to deliberately tell a unique story through the photos they post. 

:) 

Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment