Sunday 26 August 2012

Instagramation Part 2

Howdy bloggers


Just thought I'd share this Facebook post that came up on my news feed a few minutes ago, which made me reflect on my Instagram journey so far...


Keeping that comment in mind, here was my first Instagram capture for last week:

 NB: Yes. Those are in fact cheesecake strawberries. 


It's funny isn't it? We embark on a social media journey- one minute Facebook, another minute Instagram- always setting out to either create, nurture or change our social identity. But what is often overlooked is this need to appeal to our cultural genes, the need to show the world how fabulous and cultured we are by using "the visual web" to tell the story of our lives. I'll tell you now, I definitely do not eat cheesecake strawberries every day, nor can I afford to always visit the kind of places that would serve them. But I purposely and selectively included this photo to tell my story. Why? 'cause it makes me look interesting. 

So... there's my answer to the Facebook post. Ba-da-bing ba-da-boom.

xx Nicola

No comments:

Post a Comment